** The 2017 WIOA National Convenings have reached capacity; however, following the convenings, the resources will be available on ION. **
In the spring of 2017, the U.S. Department of Labor, in collaboration with its Education and Health and Human Services partners, will host three national convenings. These convenings will continue to support WIOA implementation, building upon the regulations and guidance, virtual training, and resources already available to the system.
These 2017 WIOA National Convenings will have one agenda and nearly identical content and will be held at different regional locations on the West Coast, East Coast, and in the Midwest.
You may attend whichever location or date that is most convenient for you and still be certain you have not missed important program information.
Dates and locations are as follows:
- April 18–20, 2017: Dallas, TX
- May 8–10, 2017: San Diego, CA
- May 23–25, 2017: Washington, DC
Each location can accommodate up to 400 key state and local system professionals who will attend pre-conferences, plenaries, and workshops delivered by subject matter experts in six different WIOA-related tracks:
- Financial and grants management
- Business Engagement
- One-Stop Operations
- Integrated Services
- Performance Accountability
- Strategic Governance
Although the convenings are open to who wish to attend, the content would be most beneficial for state and local leadership and those involved in day-today workforce development operations.
Attendees at these 2017 national convenings will walk away with a thorough understanding that:
- The regulations are the framework for the progress and change that we can make as a system.
- Program integration is not only a critical component of WIOA but a best practice for serving our customers.
- Designing and delivering services for those customers—job seekers and businesses alike—should be the foundation for accountability
There is no cost to attend the convenings, but online registration is required. Travel expenses are not covered.
To register to attend the 2017 WIOA National Convening in Dallas and for more information, please visit http://www.thegateam.com/dol-wioa-2017/ and stay tuned to this event page for more details. Updates, including a detailed agenda, will follow in the coming weeks.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.