These resources provide information and training to support the strategic alignment of the WIOA core programs and other partner programs and entities responsible for the governance, operations, and delivery of services in the public workforce system.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act strengthens the ability of States, regions, and local areas to align investments in workforce, education, and economic development to regional in-demand jobs. It also reinforces the partnerships and strategies necessary for one-stop centers to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to help businesses find skilled workers and access other supports, including education and training for their current workforce in order to compete in the global economy.
Key system alignment activities include:
The development of state and local strategic plans
Related activities, including asset mapping and the analysis of labor market information
Development and implementation of sector strategies and career pathways at the state, regional, and local level
You Might Also Like
- Act Now Webinar Series - Online Learning for Implementing WI...
- The 30-Second and Top 20 Trainings on Accessibility, Employe...
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- Partnering with Economic Development Agencies and Chambers o...
- Technical Assistance Webinars for Implementing Provisions of...