The U.S. Departments of Labor and Education have made publicly available five rules to implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (Pub. L. 113-128). President Barack Obama signed WIOA into law on July 22, 2014.
WIOA is landmark legislation that is designed to strengthen and improve our nation’s public workforce system and help get Americans, including youth and those with significant barriers to employment, into high-quality jobs and careers and help employers hire and retain skilled workers.
Today, the U.S. Departments of Labor and Education announce the advanced posting of the following:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act; Joint Rule for Unified and Combined State Plans, Performance Accountability, and the One-Stop System Joint Provisions; Final Rule
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act; Department of Labor-only Final Rule
- Programs and Activities Authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act; Final Rule
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; State Supported Employment Services Program; Limitations on Use of Subminimum Wage; Final Rule
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Miscellaneous Program Changes; Final Rule
These rules will formally publish in the Federal Register in the coming weeks and will be available on the Federal Register Public Inspection Web site at https://www.federalregister.gov/. For a preview of these documents, please visit: https://www.doleta.gov/wioa/.
In addition to the advanced posting of the WIOA Final Rules, the Departments have also made available the following materials:
- A Video from the Secretaries of the Departments Labor and Education
- Fact Sheets
- Quick Reference Guides for Reading the Rule