What is the Strategic Boards Toolkit?
Workforce Development Boards (WDBs) have a critical role to play in contributing to healthy regional economies that serve the needs of business and workers. WDBs function in multiple roles—as a steward of Federal and non-Federal funds, overseeing a host of operational systems and processes, and as the primary architects of the State’s overall workforce strategy.
This toolkit is intended to assist WDBs in becoming more strategic and effective, and equip them with the knowledge and tools needed to become key players in growing and sustaining regional economies. The resources will help boards at various stages of planning, as well as those that have already implemented important changes and are seeking to adapt promising practices.
What resources are in the toolkit?
- Informational and definitional documents by subject area, sample presentations, and outlines which can be provided to partners and board members
- Links to resources and topics of importance to board members: self-assessments for strategic boards, work-based learning, business engagement, strategies for improving the work of the board, and sector strategies
- Podcasts and sample foundational documents
How do I use the toolkit?
The toolkit has resources in four critical areas for board action and responsibility.
- Advancing Vision, Creating Strategy, and Partnerships
- Implementing Effective System Operations
- Understanding Board Requirements
- Call to Action for Workforce Development Boards
Are you looking to connect colleagues and partners with these resources? Download this free information flyer for your meetings or events!