DOLETA Website for WIOA Information
Author(s): Employment and Training Administration and its Federal Workorce System Partners
Organizational Author(s): U.S. Department of Labor and other Federal Agencies
We encourage you to visit the Employment and Training Administration's (ETAs) official WIOA website for more information about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), which was signed into law in 2014.
The U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, has provided numerous resources to give current and prospective partners a high-level introduction, or a refresher, to the public workforce development system.
The resources and technical assistance materials range from fact sheets and charts, to recorded webinars and downloadable toolkits.
Whether you represent an employer, a labor organization, a community-based organization or another new or prospective partner, you will find these materials and online resources useful.
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), in coordination with the U.S. Departments of Education (ED) and Health and Human Services (HHS), is working diligently to ensure that states, local areas, other grantees, and stakeholders are prepared for the implementation of WIOA. The WIOA Resource Page provides information and resources for states, local areas, non-profits and other grantees, and other stakeholders to assist with implementation of the Act. This Resource Page is updated to reflect newly developed materials, including responses to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
WIOA'S THREE HALLMARKS OF EXCELLENCE
- The needs of businesses and workers drive workforce solutions, and local boards are accountable to communities in which they are located.
- One-Stop Centers (or American Job Centers) provide excellent customer service to all jobseekers and employers, and focus on continuous improvement.
- The workforce system supports strong regional economies, and plays an active role in community and workforce development.
The WIOA official website and the Innovation & Opportunity Network (ION) Community of Practice on WorkforceGPS are working in concert to provide you with the most up-to-date information concerning WIOA. This graphic below shows what can be found on the two different websites. We encourage you to utilize this as a cross-reference tool or guide.
You Might Also Like
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- Community Auditing - Asset and Resource Mapping to Maximize ...
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Official Website fo...
- WIOA National Convening Event Session Materials and Resource...
- Workforce Primer and Workforce System Basic Training