The Vision of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) vision is to increase access and opportunities to employment, education, training, and support services to employment. WIOA aims to promote stronger alignment of workforce, education, vocational rehabilitation, and other human services systems in order to improve the structure and delivery of services to individuals.
The Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 19-14 lays out the vision for a revitalized workforce system as a result of implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Further, it encourages workforce system leaders and partners to take action now to support successful implementation to fully realize the vision of WIOA. Finally, it provides an overview of upcoming guidance and technical assistance to support effective implementation of WIOA.
WIOA Vision and System Update Webinar
This webinar represents coordination engagement at the federal level. WIOA drives towards providing high-quality services for individuals and employers, and that means State and local boards, one-stop center operators and partners really have to focus on increasing coordination of programs and resources to make sure that we have a comprehensive system that provides services accessible to all job seekers, workers, and businesses.
WIOA'S THREE HALLMARKS OF EXCELLENCE
- The needs of businesses and workers drive workforce solutions, and local boards are accountable to communities in which they are located.
- One-Stop Centers (or American Job Centers) provide excellent customer service to all job-seekers and employers, and focus on continuous improvement.
- The workforce system supports strong regional economies, and plays an active role in community and workforce development.
You Might Also Like
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- Community Auditing - Asset and Resource Mapping to Maximize ...
- WIOA National Convening Event Session Materials and Resource...
- State Plan Submission Requirements for WIOA and Strategic Pl...
- Workforce Primer and Workforce System Basic Training