Customer-Centered Design (CCD) is an amazingly generative process that starts with people and ends with surprising answers tailor-made to put our customers' needs at the center. We can use it to directly learn from the communities we serve, and to rapidly come up with innovative new concepts, quickly prototype them, and then make our ideas come to life with positive results for our customers.
Learn how your state and local area peers are implementing customer-centered service delivery design in the WIOA Implementation! Access webinars, videos and podcast here to learn more about customer-focused service delivery and customer-centered design
The Opportunity - Welcome to CCD!
WIOA implementation gives us a huge opportunity to step back from business as usual, and design services with the customer in mind. Teams who joined the CCD challenge have:
- Developed plans in a different way, and NOT with the regulations and law in the middle, but with the customer in the middle;
- Produced better outcomes and higher customer satisfaction;
- Developed methods, tools, skills that can be taught and learned;
- Used a step-by-step process that any organization can replicate to address challenges;
- Worked with partners to address key challenge areas; and
- Received coaching to support transformation every step of the way.
About the Challenge!
How Does Round 2 of the CCD Challenge Work?
This initiative consists of FIVE phases:
- A launch webinar
- A 7-week online class focused on one of six challenges
- A 5-week experiment and prototype phase
- A learning exchange and celebration at the White House. (Yes, THE White House)
- Participation in an ongoing peer mentoring effort.
Who is Participating?
This is a team-based initiative and teams are comprised of 4 to 10 people who represent a broad range of stakeholders and partners, including:
- Organizations implementing WIOA
- People who are designing services for customers
- Partners who serve a broad range of customers
- State and local workforce agencies that want better outcomes.
Please view the resources on this page to learn about this initiative.
Reach out to a CCD Coach for support or to ask questions at: email@example.com.