The Innovation and Opportunity Network (ION) is your online learning and teaching community, designed to help you connect with peers throughout the public workforce system. ION is a network focused on the dynamic action and innovation called for under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). On this ION Community of Practice, you can read about, and share, new and exciting strategies, as well as find tools to help your staff stay motivated about creating positive change.
Innovation = (n) the act or process of introducing new ideas, devices, or methods.
So, we have got some work to do — together.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act gives us a chance to re-imagine how we work together. Our charge is to provide job and career options through an integrated, job-driven public workforce system that links diverse talent to businesses. WIOA supports the development of strong, vibrant regional economies where businesses thrive and people want to live and work.
ION is a Community of Practice that is full of big ideas, especially about:
- Operationalizing change management
- Creating stronger partnerships and networks
- Enhancing the governance of strategic boards
- Developing a regional development mindset
- Refining customer-centered service delivery, and
- Implementing talent development strategies, such as Career Pathways, Registered Apprenticeship, and Sector Strategies.
Change brings opportunity, but it is not easy. We have the tools here that you need to stay informed and connected to your peers across the country.
To assist you, ION offers:
- Interactive peer learning events (virtual and in-person)
- The Act-Now Series, where you will learn how your peers are moving forward with WIOA implementation
- the Voices of Experience videos and podcasts, which allows your peers to share how they are transforming the system
- Best practices, evidenced-based service delivery, and leading-edge resources and guides
- Peer-driven blogs with discussions on current developments, and
- the Quick Start Action Planners (QSAPs).
We know you have questions, but we also believe you have some great answers to share with your peers.
That is why the Innovation and Opportunity Network offers you this platform to network, collaborate and learn from each other.